Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The 23rd Psalm

A Christian Scientist forwarded this breakdown of the 23rd Psalm and I really like it, so I share it here. He didn't know who wrote it, so I don't know either; if anyone knows, share it with me and I'll attribute it to hir.

Psalm 23: A Psalm of David (KJV)

The Lord is my shepherd; - that's relationship
I shall not want. - that's supply
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: - that's rest
He leadeth me beside the still waters. - that's refreshment
He restoreth my soul: - that's healing
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness - that's guidance
for His name's sake - that's purpose
Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, - that's testing
I will fear no evil; - that's protection
For Thou art with me; - that's faithfulness
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. - that's discipline
Thou prepareth a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: - that's hope
Thou anointest my head with oil; - that's consecration
My cup runneth over. - that's abundance
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: - that's blessing
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord - that's security
For ever. - that's eternity

No comments: